A PRECURSOR TO THE 2010 UNITED STATES SOCIAL FORUM
June 19-22, 2010, Detroit, MI
The 2010 US Social Forum comes at a critical time for the Palestine Solidarity Movement. The United States is moving towards another plan for “peace” in Israel/Palestine that will reject true demands for justice in the region. On the other hand, more and more people are seeing the connection between Israel and apartheid South Africa.
Meet with anti-Zionist Jews from the US committed to:
* Palestine solidarity and rejection of the Israeli apartheid state
* Heeding the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) call from Palestinian civil society
* Supporting the voices of Palestinians to de-privilege Jewish voices on Palestinian self-determination
* Challenging white racism, including its manifestations as Ashkenazi racism against Mizrahi Jews
* Supporting anti-imperialist, anti-racist and anti-colonial struggles
* Exploring ways to confront Zionism by reclaiming Jewish histories and culture that Zionism has co-opted or attempted to erase
We plan to advance BDS campaigns and other projects; explore, deepen, and share our understandings of anti-Zionist Jewish politics and practice; and develop analysis on the current political moment and how to coordinate our efforts. Though your primary political work may not revolve around Palestine solidarity, we want to broaden the visibility of Jewish anti-Zionist politics in this country, and want you there to develop these politics!
This event is being organized by the International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network, Middle East Children”s Alliance, and Philadelphia Jews for a Just Peace
More information regarding how to register; economic, physical and language accessibility; childcare; and more is forthcoming; if you have questions, please contact us at 2010Assembly[at]JewsConfrontApartheid.org