1. Please check out the steps listed in the call on our website– we’re also updating the website with news regularly, so check here for more.
2. Please pass the call on to as many people and lists and groups as possible and ask people to endorse our mission statement. Right now, our priority is to build momentum.
3. We’re also looking for people to organize locally and get the word out in local institutions and communities.
4. If you have any specific skill sets that may be helpful (say, doing media work, web design, etc), please let us know.
5. Research university investments and write a petition and build support for divestment of your university from corporations that do business with Israel.
6. Write a petition and build support for closing down student exchange programs with Israel.
7. Write editorials in your school newspaper critical of Israel, in solidarity with Palestinians, and in support of a general boycott and specifically and academic/cultural boycott.
8. Create your own boycott webpage aimed at a local audience, and link our web site to yours.
9. Boycotting Israeli academic institutions and refraining from participation in any form of academic and cultural cooperation where Israelis are involved.
What to do more? Here are Recommendations from the Islamic University of Gaza
1. Support Amnesty International calls and urge your country foreign secretary to call for credible accountability for war crimes Israel committed in Gaza.
2. Support the UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon’s call for “a full investigation and to make those responsible people accountable.”
3. Lobbying (emails, letter, fax, etc) your MP and government to pressure the government of Israel to adhere to its legal obligations to end occupation and stop attacking Palestinian educational institutions.
4. Preparing and signing petitions calling, education institutions, on trade unions, organizations, social and political movements and concerned individuals around the world to boycott Israeli academic and cultural institutions.
5. Initiating active academic relations with IUG through departmental academic links; student and faculty exchange and joint research projects.
6. Making a donation to reconstruct the IUG buildings and facilities.
7. Sponsoring students to enable them to continue their education.
8. Sponsoring IUG faculty member’s participation in international academic conferences
9. Plan activities at the university and coordinate with other concerned groups in and out of the academia working for justice and human rights in Palestine.
Update your knowledge
1. The Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel (PACBI)
2. US Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel
3. British Committee for the Universities of Palestine
5. Boycott, Divestment ans Sanctions for Palestine