Israel, the Palestinians and apartheid: the case for boycott and sanctions
* UK wide speaker tour 4 – 9 December *
2009 has seen a groundswell of popular support for the boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel until it complies with international law.
Join a renowned panel of international speakers from South Africa and Palestine to find out more about BDS and what lessons can be learned from the struggle against Apartheid in South Africa.
* Ronnie Kasrils – former minister in Nelson Mandela’s ANC government in South Africa & anti-Apartheid activist
* Omar Barghouti – Founding member of the Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel (PACBI)
* Bongani Masuku – International Secretary COSATU – the South African trade union confederation
* George Mahlangu – Campaigns Officer, COSATU
* Prof Steven Rose – Biologist, Open University, and founder member of BRICUP
* Tom Hickey – National Executive Committee, University and Colleges Union (UCU)
* Terry Brotherstone – General Council Scottish TUC and UCUS Past President
* Yasmin Khan – Senior Campaigns Officer, War on Want
Dates and locations:
London – Friday 4 December 7pm
Khalili Lecture Hall, SOAS, University of London, Malet Street
» Click here for a map to Khalili Lecture Hall
Manchester – Monday 7 December 7pm
Lecture Theatre A, University Place, University of Manchester, Oxford Road
» Click here for a map to University Place
Leeds – Tuesday 8 December 7pm
Rupert Beckett Lecture Theatre, Michael Sadler Building, University of Leeds, Woodhouse Lane
» Click here for a map to the Micael Sadler Building
Glasgow – Wednesday 9 December 7pm
STUC Building, 333 Woodlands Road
» Click here for a map to the STUC building
Organised by the British Committee for the Universities of Palestine (BRICUP), Scottish Trades Union Council and SOAS Palestine Society.
Supported by War on Want and Palestine Solidarity Campaign.