PALESTINIAN STUDENTS–TAKE THE LEAD!
8 universities in the UK have occupied lecture halls on their campuses, with specific demands. SOAS and the London School of Economics have both SUCCESSFULLY concluded their occupations! And now six more, including Essex, Oxford, and Newcastle.
We can do it too!
These were some of the specific demands,
1) statement from University head concerning Gaza, and the destruction of the Islamic University and the right to education.
2) Five full scholarships for Palestinian students affected by Gaza.
3) Provide resources, supplies, expertise and equipment to educational institutions in Gaza.
4) Divestment from all US and Israeli firms which provide ammunition or supplies of any sort to the Israeli military.
5) An official day of fundraising on campus for a Palestinian relief organization.
6) Right to peaceful protest. No reprisals against student occupiers.
All students have a democratic right to peaceful protest and students should not be prevented from expressing their opinions for fear of reprisals.